In retirement, I am spending more time in the world of books, photography and ideas and, when I can, feeding my passion for travel (at least I WAS, before the pandemic).
This blog focuses on:
- My amateur photographer’s appreciation for unique images.
- Random thoughts about gender, racism, politics, and making sense of the complex world around us.
- My own independent book reviews (without spoilers). You’ll see I am particularly drawn to historical fiction and my favorite topics are English, French, and Russian history and the two world wars.
I am also embarked on the humbling experience of learning to draw and paint with watercolors.
My Professional Life
There were three phases to my professional life, listed here in chronological order:
- A news producer and news department manager at TV stations.
- A professor of broadcast journalism at Boston University’s College of Communication.
- A contract writer-producer-director of videos, animation, Web sites, and print materials for a wide variety of clients across dozens of industries.
I still apply my decades of writing experience to pro bono work for causes I am passionate about. If you’re interested, you can read more about my professional life.